Before your Lash Appointment:
- Make sure to arrive for your appointment on time as we have to go through the Client Intake form as well as the Consent form.
- Do not wear contact to your appointment
- Do not wear any eye makeup to your appointment
- If you wear strip lashes, please make sure not to wear 48 hours before your appointment
- Lash extensions take time and often you will need to lay still for hours – make sure not to drink too many liquids before hand and use the washroom before settling in
- We understand some people are anxious or nervous about getting lash extensions so we will do our best to accommodate those individuals
- Confirmations are sent out via email, please make sure to confirm your appointment before coming in
After your Lash Appointment:
- Please wait 24 hours before getting your lashes wet
- Make sure to wash your lashes every second day to ensure there is no build up of microbes or development of infection
- Brush your lashes with brush provided once a day
- Do not use any oil-based makeup or makeup removers
- Do not touch your lashes - the oils from your fingers can cause retention issues
- Do not hesitate to contact us if there are any issues
BEFORE YOUR APPOINTMENT
Exfoliate the day before your spray tanning appointment using an exfoliating mitt or washcloth. Focus on the dryer areas such as knees, elbows, ankles, chest and neck.
Shave your legs the day before your spray tan, not the day of. Shaving your legs the day of your appointment could result in streaky legs!
NO LESS than 6-12 hours before your appointment time. Showering right before your spray tan causes a barrier on the skin and therefore it won’t properly develop.
Your skin should be clear of any products such as lotions, makeup, deodorant, and perfume when getting a spray tan.
Manicures & Pedicures
Manicures and pedicures should be done at least 24 hours before your spray tanning appointment. It is important to do this before your spray tan and not after, as soaking the hands and feet will speed up the natural exfoliation process. Polish changes are okay while having a spray tan, but acetone in nail polish remover will also have a negative effect on a spray tan.
Wear appropriate clothing to your appointment
It is important to dress properly when getting a spray tan. Wear something loose and dark, and avoid lighter articles of clothing, jeans and leggings until your first rinse. Wear footwear that will allow your feet to breathe and not sweat, but also keep them protected if the weather is not nice outside. Bringing an umbrella to your appointment is a great idea if it’s raining out!
SUNLESS TANNING AFTERCARE
Keep your skin hydrated and moisturized by using an alcohol-free, oil-free, spray tan friendly moisturizer twice a day. Drink lots of water to keep your skin hydrated from the inside out. Ask your sunless artist for recommendations on aftercare products!
It’s important to keep your skin dry while it is processing before your first rinse. That means no sweating, crying, doing dishes, or laundry! Sit back, relax and watch your tan develop. Rinse off at the appropriate time.
Ultra dark: 8-10hrs
Chat with your sunless artist if you are unsure what your rinse time is!
There are certain products that should be avoided while you have a spray tan. Many skincare products contain alcohols, oils and other harmful ingredients that will strip your spray tan off. Some products to avoid are bar soaps such as Dove, lotions that contain mineral oil, certain sunscreens, acne skincare products and bug sprays. Chat with your sunless artist for further information regarding what products are safe to use, and which ones to avoid!
It is important to blot your skin dry, and do not rub. Avoid long hot showers and baths, swimming pools and hot tubs, as these things speed up the skin’s natural exfoliation process