THINKING ABOUT TAKING VIRTUAL TRAINING?
Virtual training can be just as beneficial as in-studio training IF you have a skilled virtual trainer.
What does that mean? Can anyone who teaches training in person also teach it successfully by distance? Can anyone with years of experience and education become a good virtual coach? Does every company have the same objectives? Can you receive good training at a low cost? What do you look for in a virtual trainer? So many questions..
This is what you need to know before purchasing an online or virtual training program!
SKILLED VIRTUAL TRAINERS
- Have valuable education, training and experience combined with the desire to share their knowledge and life lessons with others
- Understand how and why people learn and have the ability to adapt to the individuals learning style
- Conduct needs assessment and curate relevant and valuable content
- Are analytical, patient, effective and encourage engagement
- Always, always, always analyze and improve training programs
- Stay ahead of relevant industry trends, keeping their students up to date
- Are self-aware, passionate, well-diverse in instructional design
- Define learning objectives and determine a process for measuring outcomes
- Learn from their students, just as students learn from them
- Most importantly accept negative feedback and use it as an opportunity to improve
Skilled trainers work incredibly hard, are valuable and come at a cost. I highly recommend doing your own research to ensure they have the skills necessary to be an effective virtual trainer.
If you’re thinking about taking any training House of Glam offers please reach out to me to chat. I am always happy to answer any questions!