Your adhesive needs just as much love as a sweet little baby… well, maybe that’s a little dramatic, but adhesives require a whole lot of love and care.
These cyanoacrylate (CA) based liquids have so many rules to follow to make sure they are safe for use.
As a Lash Artist it is your responsibility to protect your adhesive from unwanted conditions and outcomes.
First, purchase your adhesive from a reputable lash company to minimize the risk of purchasing poor quality adhesive.
Adhesives vary based on the quality of raw materials, formulation and the process of manufacturing in the lab.
Formaldehyde is not an active ingredient in adhesives but it degrades this harmful gas.
Poor quality adhesives degrade fast + Good quality adhesives degrade slow
Here are some tips on how to LOVE YOUR ADHESIVE
- Keep your adhesive in the original packaging with silica until you are ready to use it. Make sure it is stored in a cool, dry and dark area.
- When opening your adhesive write the date on the bottle so you can keep track of when you opened it. Some adhesives are good for 3 weeks while others are good for 3 months. Read the directions and follow them.
- HELLO Thermohygromter. Never start using adhesive in an environment that isn’t controlled or conditions are not met. Every adhesive has different humidity, temperature and drying times.
- Shake! Shake! Shake that bottle up for 10 seconds.
- Puncture the top of the nozzle with a pin
- If adhesive comes out do to the pressure use a lint free wipe
- Use microdrops throughout your set. The smaller the drop the better it is. Switch it out as often as you need to.
- Tightly screw the cap back on the bottle and place it up right in an Adhesive Storage Container
- Each time you need to use another drop, shake it again. If any adhesive is on the nozzle make sure you clean it off.
- After placing a small microdrop you should “burp” the adhesive to remove any oxygen to keep it nice and fresh. Do this after every drop.
- Keep away from heat. Adhesives should be at room temperature.
- Store in the refrigerator if you are not planning to use it within 2-3 months. Let cool to room temperature before use.
- Do your research!
Lash Artists are susceptible to mucus membrane illnesses. Therefore, you should always work in a well ventilated area and use a mask.
LOVE YOUR ADHESIVE BUT ALSO LOVE YOURSELF