CONTRAINDICATIONS AND LASH LIFTS + TINTS
What is a contraindication?
When we are referring to lash lifts and tints, a contraindication is a condition that interferes or prevents a client from getting a service. Clients should be aware of the following contraindications prior to receiving treatment. You can include the list on a liability waiver and have your client sign it.
- Blepharitis: a condition of the eye that causes inflammation and discomfort. It can be triggered by a microbe or foreign contact with ocular glands.
- Cysts: a lump on the upper or lower eyelid caused by obstruction and inflammation of an oil gland
- Chemotherapy: lashes can become very frail and sometimes non-existent. Clients who are no longer being treated should get permission from their doctor.
- Alopecia: hair loss may be caused by a number of factors. If your client has alopecia recommend asking a doctor before the service.
- Trichotillomania: is classified as an impulse control disorder and is the compulsive urge to pull out one’s own hair. Clients who pull their lashes out may not have symmetrical lashes and by giving them a lash lift and tint it may be more obvious.
- Bell’s Palsy or any condition that makes closing or opening eyes difficult
- Hypersensitivity: some people are not able to relax and their eyes move making it difficult to perform the service. When someone's eyes are moving too much it is possible solution may enter the eye.
- Any disease/disorder that causes shaking, twitching or erratic movements
- Over processed lashes: do not reapply perming solution to a client who has damage already.
- Skin disorders (Dermatitis) in the general eye area
- Eye infections such as Impetigo or Conjunctivitis (pink eye)
- Lazik eye surgery: after a client has eye surgery you should wait 6 months before providing any service.
- Anxiety: clients may feel nervous or anxious about the procedure
We recommend discussing any issues or concerns with your client before the lash lift and tint service begins. Ensure he or she is comfortable, is not wearing contact lenses and does not have an allergy to any of the products you are using.
CONTACT US FOR TRAINING