Our NEW COLLECTION is very different from Black Diamond Collection because the raw materials undergo a process that thins the individual lashes to less than 0.03 diameter and they are dipped in the softest and lightest material called cashmere. They are incredibly soft and easy to use. They allow lash artists to create safe mega volume fans without Mega Glam - Advanced Volume training.
What do we mean by residual? Well, because the lashes have been swiped with a water based hypoallergenic glue they have a sticky residual allowing them to be fanned without the base collapsing.
But wait, if you do use them properly then you will not get the look or retention you want! Here are some tips for using blooming lashes:
Of course, as a Lash Artist, I am all about lash enhancements (mega volume all the way, am I right?) but I also recognize the importance of maintaining the natural health of our lashes.
We use sunscreen to protect our skin, a hat to protect the hair on our head, and sunglasses to keep our eyes safe. Our eyelashes also need some TLC!!!!!!
Lash Artists recommend that their clients clean their lashes on a regular basis.
Due to the increase in lash fibres, clients are more susceptible to the accumulation of dirt and oil which may result in infection and/or premature lash loss.
Lash cleansers, shampoos and detoxes can get pretty pricey so some clients will purchase micellar water. Micellar water can remove dirt and oil from natural and synthetic eyelash extensions.
Below are a few examples of what I would do:
- Make sure to gather as much information about your clients as possible to help learn about any possible health concerns or risks. Also be aware of their eyelash health and condition (if it is safe to go through with service)
- Always go over contraindications with your clients! I cannot stress this enough how important this is.
- Always proceed to do a patch test on your clients 48 hours prior to the appointment to make sure they are not allergic to the ingredients being used.
- Make sure you give your clients knowledgeable feedback on questions and concerns they ask.
- Make sure you are sanitizing/sterilizing your tools and workspace, and you store your tools in a sanitary space. (Always sanitize/sterilize before and after each client/use).
- Always make sure you make them aware of aftercare restrictions and steps. Things they cannot do for the first 24 hours after treatment.
- Recommend they use an eyelash growth enhancement product to help keep their lashes thick and healthy.
- Have your client read through and sign your consent/liability form.